Friday, February 29, 2008

Mr. Gout came calling......

Yesterday was not good. My gout condition, which I knew was coming on two days prior, hit me hard. I spent the day on the couch, except for trips to the restroom. Gout is a form of arthritis; in my case uric acid builds up on the skeletal bones of my right foot. When this happens it causes excruciating pain. It settled this time near the ankle. So as you might imagine, it makes walking very, very difficult. I have a cane, so I use it to try to get around. This has come about this time because I have not been consistent in taking the prescribed drug Allopurinol, which controls the buildup of the uric acid. Why have I not been taking the tablet every day?
Because six months ago, before being laid off, I got a three month supply. So I've been trying to "make it last." Obviously not a good idea. Please don't think I'm going for sympathy or something. Just explaining. I learned a lot about gout at this website: http://www.webmd.com/ It's a great place.

It snowed a bit overnight. Ingrid fell trying to get into the van to go to work this morning. She told me by text message @ 7:50am, after she had gotten to work. She says she will tough it out. Well, so will I.

Thanks for dropping by, and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

jel said...

sorry ya got the gout,
mom geta it , she eats a lot of cherrys and that helps her!

hope your wife is ok!


blessings