Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On Leave

I am on a 2 week leave of absence from work. This should give me ample opportunity to recover from the injury I have. It's something that I'm not used to, with pain and such in the hip and knee. I do have gout, and I know that pain and the symptoms very well. Thankfully I have not had a major battle with gout for several months. I hope that will continue indefinitely.

After meeting with my pastor this morning to help choose worship songs for our Sunday morning church service, I came home and plopped down in my recliner. Sometime after 1 pm, I laid down in bed for a nap as the muscle relaxer kicked in.
I stayed there until 6 pm.

Patience is not something I have in abundance when it comes to my physical health. I must learn it in a hurry if I want to go back to my job. I took leave from 1-5 to 1-19. According to the paper I signed, I go back on Tuesday Jan. 20.......yep, the inauguration of a new US president. (More on that later) If for some reason I am not able to return to work on that very day, Walmart is not compelled to hold my job for me past that point. I need to get better..................fast.

It seems that the honeymoon is over for Mr. Obama already. One appointee withdraws, the fiasco over his former Senate seat.......etc. Look, I think Gov. Blagojevich is a blockhead, and NEVER should have been elected ONCE by the people of Illinois, much less TWICE. However, he has only been charged in a criminal complaint; he has not yet been indicted. As such, he is still the governor. Yes, I realize that it looks bad; I want him out as much as everyone else. But until he actually goes on trial and evidence is presented,..............he is still the governor. As such, he has the authority to make appointments to the Senate, and to sign bills, and to do what the office of governor calls for. I don't like it any better than anyone else, but I'm also EXTREMELY tired of the current system of American justice based on public opinion. Furthermore, I don't care what the US Senate's "rules" are, they cannot keep Mr. Burris out just because Blago appointed him. Harry Reid and every other senator should be ashamed of themselves for what is going on right now.

The only way any of this garbage in politics changes is IF WE THE PEOPLE STOP ELECTING THE SAME DIMWIT LIARS AND DEMAND CHANGE AND ACCOUNTABILITY. At ALL levels of government. If you really look closely at government these days, at all levels, you will find the stench of corruption, cronyism, racism, sexism, and all the other '-isms' still exist. It is frustrating because the vast majority of people are just trying to get by each day. We think we elect these people to represent us; but the longer they serve, the more entitled they believe they are. It's a vicious circle,.........the same circle my little dog Bobo runs around in until I let him out to poop. And right now.......in American politics.......the circle remains unbroken.

Those are my thoughts. What say you?

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: