Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting Better

Since my last post I have been feeling better. I am able to walk short distances without the cane, which is a lot of improvement since Thursday. Of course, I am not yet fully recovered. That is made plain within about 2 minutes............but it is improvement. I am very thankful.

Today at our church a young boy, almost 8, who had received Christ as Savior last month, was baptized. We don't have many occasions like this, so when it happens, it is always special. In our church, we believe that baptism is an act of obedience to God which occurs AFTER the individual has trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation. Many churches teach sprinkling which, in their view, actually 'washes away sin,' then the person gets confirmed as a member of the church through classes typically taken as a young teen.

The previous 2 sundays I have sat on a stool behind the pulpit while leading worship. Today, before the first song, I symbolically put my cane on a nearby bench and walked to the pulpit, and had complete freedom of movement. I am grateful and thankful to God for this. I still have pain, but not nearly to the level of even 3 days ago. I go back to work at Walmart on Tuesday. I won't be 100% ready, but I must go back, or face losing my job. Which I cannot afford to have happen at this time. I see my doctor on Wednesday morning before work. If he had his way, I'm sure he would have me off work until I recover completely. These days, that's just not an option.

Good NFL playoff game in progress.........after 3 quarters: Arizona 24, Philadelphia 19.
Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore later, @ 5:30 central time.

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: