Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just Another Saturday Night

After a busy day at Walmart, I came home at 5:30pm. I'm still sore from the injury to my sciatic nerve that affects my left hip and knee, but I am able to work a full shift. My dear wife had a delicious supper ready; shrimp alfredo with bowtie pasta and broccoli, which is not my favorite vegetable, but tastes good in alfredo sauce. After the meal we settled in to watch my new favorite "reality" show, My Big Redneck Wedding on CMT.
Yes, admittedly, I could (and should) be doing other things the night before church. This show makes me laugh.....even with the bleeped out bad language. Watching this show makes you feel better about your own family. Check out the show...new episode next Saturday night at 7:30pm, repeats throughout the week.......it is cable, after all.

Our new president is busy on the job. Closing Guantanomo bay, releasing terrorists, restoring funding for abortions on overseas military bases,.....on and on. Some would say that Christians should not pray for this president. I disagree. We should pray for President Obama and his administration, and those who hold Cabinet positions of leadership. God placed him in this position, for this time in history. We do well to remember that. Of course, having said that, I favor a GOP ticket of LA Governor Bobby Jindal for Prez, and AK Gov. Sarah Palin for another run at VP.

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: