I was doing some cleaning and sorting today when I found this gem. Read, enjoy, and apply in everyday life.
At last a guy has taken the time to write all this down. Finally, the guy's side of the story. We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now, here are the rules from the male side.
These are our rules! Please note, these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are not mind readers! As much as we try to be connected with you, men and women are not wired the same way. We are not alike. The differences are there for a reason.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides; let it be.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. Crying is blackmail. 'Nuff said.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work!
JUST SAY IT!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do.
Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days. Mainly because we don't remember most of what we say within a few hours of saying it.
1. If you won't dress like Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are.
Just don't ask us. Fewer hurt feelings that way.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry,.......we meant the other one.
1. You can either ask us to do something, or tell us how you want it done. Not both.
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus DID NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. All men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
For example, peach is a fruit, not a color! Pumpkin is also a fruit.
We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that. Rather vigorously and enthusiastically at times.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1.If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine......Really.
1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as the infield fly rule, the shotgun formation, or the overtime shootout.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!
Thank you for reading this. Yes I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight.....but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.
Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.