Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Health Update

Went to see my doctor........or as they say today, "primary care physician." He remains so even though neither Ingrid or I are insured. Anyway, he pretty much confirmed the diagnosis and documented the story thoroughly. He will be treating me at least twice a week for the next 2 weeks. I am on a leave of absence from Walmart through January 19. I have told work I will return on Jan. 20. My job is secure to that point. If I inform them that I need more time, they are under no obligation to protect my job past that day. Employment in the 21st century in America...........

I got a new prescription of hydrocodone/apap tab 10-650mg, and a muscle relaxer, cyclobenzaprine, 10 mg. Yesterday before seeing the doc, Ingrid said that she didn't understand why I had not been given a muscle relaxer. This morning, without prior consultation, the doctor said the very same thing. That's my wife...............smart cookie.

I am writing this before taking the muscle relaxer for the first time........because Ingrid tells me that once I do...........I won't be doing much of anything. Like maybe going to la-la land.........LOL

That's today's update. Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

jel said...

hang in there! ;)



blessings to ya both!