Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Update

Greetings.

My mother in law Ursula is doing somewhat better this morning. Ingrid finally came home, to our house, around 10:30am (Central) after having spent three consecutive nights, as well as five of the last seven, at the hospital with her mother. Ursula doesn't like to be alone at any time while in hospital. Ingrid, her daughter and my dear wife, is sleeping right now. She will be going back later today to the hospital. Sigh.

I have mixed emotions about it. On the one hand, it's wonderful that the children rally around Ursula. Her son Kirk returned to work today after spending the hours of his work days on Monday and Tuesday with his mom. Oldest kid Tony visited from out of town on Monday as well. Ingrid has spent the most time, not only by her own decision but by Ursula's wishes as well. It's just that......I miss Ingrid when she's not home. Selfish, yes, but I do. Plus I still can't wrap my mind around this notion that family has to be with you 24/7 while you are in the hospital. Of course, I have not been hospitalized for any reason since I was 15. So maybe I'm not the best person to comment. But I see how hard it is on Ingrid, physically, mentally, and truthfully even in our pocketbooks. Neither one of us has worked since the crisis began. I am receiving unemployment benefits along with any temp work I get through Manpower, but it pales in comparision to what I made at the factory before it closed. I realize, such is life. Family dynamics are, at the same time, fascinating and frustrating. As the old preacher said, "Can I get a witness?"

I think at some point soon I need to post the back story of our lives. I had intended to do so earlier, but the crisis with Ursula happened. It is fair if I expect anyone to be interested in this blog, that I should share a bit of my personality with you. Coming Soon.

Thanks.

No comments: