Thursday, January 10, 2008

January 10, 2008

Today was not a good day for Ursula, my mother in law. Food wise, she was upgraded to "full liquids," which means juices, strained soup, ice cream, et al. She didn't feel well all day, and while I was there, between 6 pm and 9:15pm, she felt she wasn't getting enough air. She has been on oxygen for a few days now. Ingrid was told the pathology report will be in tomorrow, so finally we will know just what we are dealing with. Also tomorrow, Ingrid will be working a total of ten hours in a split shift. Being a CNA with an agency, she gets assignments for as little as 2 hours to 8 to 10 hours. On one hand I hope the pathology report comes early, so she can go to work. On the other hand, if that happens it will be on her mind during work. It's not an easy situation either way. Ingrid is staying at the hospital tonight, and after her work day will return Friday night. I know this is really hard on her. Yet she doesn't complain. I know that she needs to do this, but I miss her at home. It's hard to maintain your normal life when you are basically living at the hospital.

On the lighter side, here's something that made me laugh, and I hope will do the same for you.

"Actual country song titles" (according to the 2008 calendar The 365 Stupidest Thngs Ever Said)

*She Made Toothpicks Out of the Timber of My Heart"
*Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye"
*Mama, Get the Hammer (There's a Fly on Papa's Head)

So long for now.

No comments: