Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Change of plans

After a long day of work, Ingrid and I were planning to go to my niece's 8:30pm (!) softball game.

At 7:55pm, it started raining. It is such that we are not now going.

Instead we have on the tv the show "18 Kids and Counting" on TLC. I can handle this show better than Kate and 8 plus Jon.....the show jumped the shark when the network.......the NETWORK.....paid for Kate's teeth whitening and tummy tuck. Plus she treats Jon like crap. Whatever he may have done (and he acknowledges bad decisions), I have never observed him disrespect her on the show like she disses him. Plus, no matter what anyone says, the children pick up on this. We are all products of the environment we were raised in. We take on in our own lives those things we observe in our parents (or whomever raised us). Remember the old line "do as I say, not as I do?" If we're honest, we all have times when we either heard that or feel like that. Those who recognize negative things and have resolved to make changes in their lives are to be commended. (Full disclosure: I am not a parent; but I have been a child, raised by a single mom, plus I have over 20 years of observing parents raising children.) I am not elevating myself to some pedestal. I'm just expressing my opinion. Which, since this is my blog, I am entitled to. I do not wish to push anything down anyone's throat, so to speak.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Now I have a headache.

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Tori said...

This is funny - we are watching "18 Kids and Counting" right now too! I like them so much better than "Jon and Kate Plus 8" also! =)