Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day Off

Even though Thursday is my day off, I had figured on working today. There are four of us in the meat department @ Champaign Walmart. One of my co-workers lost his mother this past Sunday night; the funeral is tomorrow. Another (the least senior member of the team) took 3 days off, yesterday, today, and tomorrow for a family wedding. I asked about working today, and was told that the store manager does not want any overtime. Which today would have been for me. So, I am home today while the department lead works alone. Not ideal, but what can you do?

I still am stoked about yesterday and seeing my friends the Dowells. They came all the way from Virginia as a result of connecting with a few former church family members here in Rantoul. As I said yesterday, an example of the correct use of Facebook.

Tuesday evening, my niece Elexus hit a GRAND SLAM home run and pitch the first 3 innings of her game. Immediately after the homer, she was taken off the mound and put in center field. She had a five run lead at the time. The other team came back to win 12-11. Bummer. Another game tonight...if it doesn't rain.

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: