Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Renewing Acquaintences

I worked today from 6 am to 3 pm. Not my normal shift, but it worked out wonderfully. I was able to visit with an old friend. Not old age wise, but in years known. Anyway, Facebook can be a great thing. It had been twenty years since I had seen Greg and his dear wife Mary. They are living in Virginia where Greg has pastored a church for the past six years. They had been on Facebook and found a few friends from the past on the site. In response, they took two days and came to Illinois to renew old friendships. Ingrid and I visited them at my aunt and uncle's home; they had visited other folks earlier in the day.





Ingrid and me with Mary and Greg Dowell.

At Greg's insistence, a pic of the two of us. Brothers in Christ.

All in all, a really good day. An example of how Facebook, used correctly, can be a positive thing.

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: