Sunday, February 15, 2009

I don't deserve her.

Last night Ingrid and I attended a Valentine's Dinner at our church. We had the opportunity because another couple (who had already paid) was unable to attend. And so we were invited to take their place. It was a lot of fun, with a very nice catered meal and desserts prepared by the men of the church. Ingrid and I had planned to meet in Champaign after I got off work, to have dinner and see a movie. Thankfully, we were flexible enough to see a wonderful opportunity, and adapt.

Ingrid and I exchanged Valentine gifts late last night. She gave me a card {I forgot a card :-( } and I want to share with you what it says.

To My Husband

My definition of happiness is really pretty simple. It's being with you, my partner and best friend, sharing the everyday moments that shape our lives, the someday dreams that fill our hearts, and the remember-when conversations that tell the history of our love.

My definition of happiness is us.

I don't deserve her. But Thank God I have her.

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: