Saturday, July 11, 2009

ROAD TRIP!!!!

We're getting ready to take a trip. We are headed to Warsaw IL, my hometown, for an informal reunion of the Warsaw High School Class of 1983. I did not graduate with them, due to moving away after sophomore year. A few have maintained contact over the years, with even a few more thanks to Facebook. We will be leaving within an hour...and returning late tomorrow (Sunday) evening. I will have more to say when I return.

Not counting this past January when I was injured and unable to work, this is the first (!) full weekend, Sat./Sun., that I have had off since I began working at Walmart. I am not complaining, mind you. I accept working on Saturdays in order to have Sundays off. When I began part time, I made clear that I wanted Sundays off, for worship. They have complied......except for six weeks last Aug/Sept when my boss would schedule me to come in at 1 pm. It did allow me to attend morning service. But, I digress.

I have not seen these people since 1981. I don't use this term as a rule............but I am excited to see them again. As I said, I will have more comments (and maybe pictures) when we get back.

Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.