Friday, December 21, 2007

The first official post

Hello again. My first official post. Let me share a little about myself.

My name is Bob. I live in Rantoul, IL with my dear wife Ingrid and our two pets, 9 year old Lily the tabby cat, and 1 year old Bobo, our miniature Smith Dachshund. My wife and I have been married for just over nine years, having met at church. No, really. I might get into that later. Ingrid is a certified nurse assistant, working for an agency which provides home health care to those who require such assistance. For twenty years, I worked at a local factory manufacturing automotive part, until the plant closed on 31 August. Since that time, I had been staying home, collecting jobless benefits while looking for other work. Last week I joined Manpower, and was placed at a document processing facility. When the factory closed, I was earning $13.75 per hour. In my current assignment, I am earning the IL minimum wage, $7.50 per hour. It's humbling, to say the least. But God is good.....all the time.

We are actively involved in our church, Bible Baptist of Rantoul. I serve as worship leader and bulletin preparer, Ingrid is the nursery coordinator, and we both serve as leaders in AWANA.

On this blog, I hope to not only comment about things that are happening, but also to explore ideas about many different topics. I am not a writer by trade, nor do I have a college degree. Big deal. I am more interested in recording my thoughts, and questions, and responses about many things. I hope you'll come along for the ride. Thanks for reading, and Merry Christmas to you all. May God's blessings be upon you in 2008 and beyond.

1 comment:

Tim Ellsworth said...

Good to see you blogging again, Bob. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.